APS : Sunday, 23 October 2016
ALGIERS- The President of the Republic Prize for the Professional Journalist, in its second edition, was given Saturday to nine winners from various media bodies.
The winners have been selected among 139 candidates.
Placed this year under the sign of “the Algerian woman, major player in economic and social development”, the Prize established on the occasion of National Press Day, was given to successful applicants in the presence of Minister of Communication Hamid Grine and other members of the government.
The First Prize of the TV category was given to the Public Television Corporation (EPTV) journalist Souad Ilimi for her report on “Souk Netlawine” (Women’s Market).
From the same Corporation, Abderrahmane Cheriet has been awarded the second Prize for his report in tribute to nurses in the Region II of the Algerian Revolution.
The third prize has not been attributed by the jury chaired by Lamine Bechichi.
The first prize for the print press category was, meanwhile, attributed to journalist Hayet Sertah from Arabic-language daily “El-Raeed”, the second prize went to Hana Sbaghdi form the Agency Press Agency Services (APS), for her article ” Algerian woman and the difficult equation between work and private life,” while the third one was awarded to Imene Kimouche, from the Arabic-language daily
Regarding Radio, the first report which has been rewarded is Fella Mazari’s from Tipaza radio station while her colleague from Djelfa Station, Messaoud Benattallah received the second Prize for this category.
The third prize went to Hamza Moussaoui from Jil FM station, while prizes for the categories of electronic media and cartoons were not awarded this year.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea