APS : Sunday, 19 March 2017
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika has received, Sunday in Algiers, Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel.
During the audience, Messahel gave the Head of State an account of the situation in the region, especially in Sahel, Mali and Libya.
The minister also presented to President Bouteflika a comprehensive report on the latest developments in the Arab world and Africa.
Messahel informed the Head of State of the outcomes of 147th session of Arab Foreign Ministers’ Council, held in Cairo on 7 March, as well as the installation of the new members of the AU Commission, in Addis Ababa last Thursday
In this regard, President Bouteflika gave some guidance on the resolution of conflicts, particularly in Libya and on addressing the challenges facing the Sahel region, especially the fight against terrorism.
The Head of State reiterated Algeria’s position on the settlement of conflicts, its rejection of any form of foreign interference and the promotion of dialogue and political solution, as the only means to restore security and stability.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار