APS : Sunday, 20 December 2015
ALGIERS-President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika received Sunday in Algiers Algerian diplomat and former Foreign minister Lakhdar Brahimi.
In a statement to the press after the hearing, Brahimi said he had a “private” meeting with the Head of State and addressed “local, regional and international” issues.
While stressing that he currently does not hold any position and he had no position on “what is happening in Algeria and abroad,” Brahimi said he visited Algeria part of the third high-level seminar on Peace and Security in Africa held in Oran.
The last position held by Brahimi was the UN and the Arab League Envoy for Syria. He resigned on 31 May 2014.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation