APS : Sunday, 20 December 2015
ALGIERS-President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika received Sunday in Algiers Algerian diplomat and former Foreign minister Lakhdar Brahimi.
In a statement to the press after the hearing, Brahimi said he had a “private” meeting with the Head of State and addressed “local, regional and international” issues.
While stressing that he currently does not hold any position and he had no position on “what is happening in Algeria and abroad,” Brahimi said he visited Algeria part of the third high-level seminar on Peace and Security in Africa held in Oran.
The last position held by Brahimi was the UN and the Arab League Envoy for Syria. He resigned on 31 May 2014.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister