On 19 February 2013, President Abdelaziz Bouteflika gave audience to Bulgarian Foreign Minister Nickolay Mladenov who is on a visit inAlgeria. The meeting took place at the Djenane El-Mufti Residence in the presence of Algeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Mourad Medelci.
In a statement at the end of the meeting, Mr. Mladenov said that the talks were focused at economic cooperation.
‘There are many sectors of vital cooperation between our two countries such as agriculture and construction’, he pointed out, recalling that the friendly relations between Bulgaria and Algeria date back to the era before Algeria’s independence.
‘We also had an important discussion on the Middle East and the region in general’, he added, stating that Algeria and Bulgaria ‘have always been committed to promoting peace and dialogue each time there is a conflict somewhere in the world’.
Mr Mladenov also said that he had extended to President Abdelaziz Bouteflika an invitation on behalf of his Bulgarian counterpart for a visit toSofia.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied