APS : Thursday, 19 January 2017
ALGIERS-President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika has sent a condolence message to his Malian counterpart Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, in which he condemned “with utmost vigour” the attack perpetrated Wednesday in northern Mali.
“I learnt with deep consternation of the terrible news of the terrorist attack perpetrated on Wednesday 18 January 2017 on a camp of the Joint Operational Mechanism (JOP) in the city of Gao, Mali, which made many victims,” the Head of State wrote in his condolence message.
“Algeria condemns with the utmost vigour this appalling and criminal act and assures the Malian people of its deep solidarity,” added President Bouteflika.
“In this painful circumstance, I offer, on behalf of the Algerian people and Government, and on my own behalf, my heartfelt condolences to you and convey my feelings of compassion to the victims’ families and relatives, and my wishes for a prompt recovery to the injured in this cowardly attack,” said President Bouteflika.
“In this time of mourning and contemplation, I am convinced that the Malian people will be enough strong to overcome this ordeal and will resolutely pursue its commitment to promoting and strengthening security, development and peace in northern Mali,” concluded the Head of State.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister