APS : Thursday, 19 January 2017
ALGIERS-President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika has sent a condolence message to his Malian counterpart Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, in which he condemned “with utmost vigour” the attack perpetrated Wednesday in northern Mali.
“I learnt with deep consternation of the terrible news of the terrorist attack perpetrated on Wednesday 18 January 2017 on a camp of the Joint Operational Mechanism (JOP) in the city of Gao, Mali, which made many victims,” the Head of State wrote in his condolence message.
“Algeria condemns with the utmost vigour this appalling and criminal act and assures the Malian people of its deep solidarity,” added President Bouteflika.
“In this painful circumstance, I offer, on behalf of the Algerian people and Government, and on my own behalf, my heartfelt condolences to you and convey my feelings of compassion to the victims’ families and relatives, and my wishes for a prompt recovery to the injured in this cowardly attack,” said President Bouteflika.
“In this time of mourning and contemplation, I am convinced that the Malian people will be enough strong to overcome this ordeal and will resolutely pursue its commitment to promoting and strengthening security, development and peace in northern Mali,” concluded the Head of State.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea