Presentation of « Lalla Zbeida Ouanes »,
a Yahia Mozahem feature film (Algeria) at the Menar Film Festival in Sofia
« Lalla Zbeida Ouanes » , an Algerian movie directed by Yahia Mozahem, will be screened on January 19, 2018, at the Menar Film Festival in Sofia.
Produced within the framework of the Constantine, Capital of the Arab Culture 2015 initiative, this is Yahia Mouzahem’s most recent feature length film coming back to the situation of the Algerian women. This 87-minute fiction tells the stories of several families sharing the same large home in the Casbah of Constantine.
Bonds of friendship and solidarity are built between families under the proud eye of Lalla Zbeida, the landlady who keeps a close watch on both her own family and those of the others.
Director: Yahia Mozahem
Scriptwriter: Hafiza Mérimèche
Starring: Saoussem MAHALADJ, Ghania SEROUTI and Alaoua ZERMANI
The official presentation of the Algerian film is scheduled for January 19, 2018 at 7 pm at the Cinema House (Dom na kinoto), 37 Ekzarkh Yosif Street.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation