APS : TUESDAY 27 MARCH 2018
ALGIERS – More than 700 national and foreign exhibitors are expected to participate in the 16th international food fair, Djazagro 2018, from 9 to 12 April at Algiers Exhibition Centre,
announced Tuesday the organizers.
“We have been surprised by the number of exhibitors who confirmed their participation in Djazagro 2018, while we expected 20% less participants than last year, owing to the economic situation in Algeria,” the event’s manager, Olivia Milan told a press conference.
This high number of exhibitors, despite the new economic context, “shows the soundness of the Algerian economy,” she added.
The organizers were worried about the impact of the different measures decided by the Government for import suspension, on the number of foreign exhibitors.
Some foreign companies, which used to participate in the fair for over fifteen years, decided not to come to this year’s edition because of the suspension of the import of 851 products, said the event’s commissioner Nabil Bey Boumezrag.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied