APS : Tuesday 18 December 2018
ALGIERS-Over 50 export contracts have been sealed during exhibitions of Algerian products abroad, Trade Minister Said Djellab announced Tuesday.
Speaking at a press conference on the sidelines of a national meeting on the promotion of non-hydrocarbon exports, Djellab said that in addition to the contracts inked between Algerian exhibitors and economic operators from host countries, negotiations are underway for other contracts.
These exhibitions took place in the United States (US), Belgium, Gabon, Qatar and Egypt in 2018.
According to Djellab, the organization of exhibitions of Algerian products was decided by an inter-ministerial committee chaired by the Trade Ministry.
The host countries of these exhibitions are chosen based on their markets’ needs with an obvious preference for Africa.
“We will continue our tour in Africa. We intend to hold 25 exhibitions of Algerian products in African countries between 2019 and 2020. All countries in the world seek to place their products on the African market. It is time for us to do it,” said the minister.
Exhibitions abroad in 2018 showed that Algerian products are “much appreciated” in terms of quality and price, said Djellab.
The organization of these exhibitions of Algerian products is “a test” for Algerian economic operators and products intended for exports.
“We have the same short-term goal, namely diversifying exports from January 2019, a year devoted to the development of Algerian exports,” said the minister.
Conditions are in place to diversify our economy and reduce dependence on hydrocarbons and imports, affirmed the same official.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina