APS : Monday, 29 October 2018
ALGIERS-Sonatrach group on Monday sealed an agreement with BP (United Kingdom) and Equinor (Norway) on the exploration and development of non-conventional resources in the Algerian South-Western basins,
announced the group in a communiqué.
“This key agreement, inked on the sidelines of the Algeria Future Energy Summit, reflects the three parties’ willingness to explore and develop gas resources based on the results of the study carried out in 2013 by Sonatrach and BP in the interest zone,” said the source.
The research programme proposed by BP and Equinor, considered “promising” by Sonatrach, includes a new 3D seismic acquisition and the drilling of several exploration and appraisal wells.
In the medium term, the project will supplement gas production from existing fields and extend the operating life of surface facilities, the statement said.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum