APS : Monday, 29 April 2019
ALGIERS – The new terminal of Houari-Boumediene International Airport of Algiers, opened on Monday to passengers now makes Algeria a crossroads of exchanges, connecting Europe and Africa.
The huge ultramodern infrastructure of an annual capacity of 10 million passengers will raise Algeria to the level of region air traffic hub.
The new airport infrastructure has been designed to manage the ever growing number of passengers from the capital. It also meets the requirements of better organization of flights and better quality of services.
The new terminal is in the heart of the Algiers International Airport’s development plan, which runs to 2032.
The plan, elaborated by the Company of the Management of Algiers Airport Services and Infrastructures (SGSIA) and approved by the public authorities in 2009, also provides for the construction of another terminal in 2028.
Dedicated to Europe and America-bound flights, the new terminal offers the possibility to the airlines to create their “hubs.”
The current international airport will manage the domestic and Gulf countries-bound flights while the national airport will be reserved to Hajj and Umrah flights.
The current terminal (for Hajj and Umrah) will be destroyed. Its site plus those located south of the airport will host the new terminal which construction works will start in 2028.
Air Algérie will be the first airline to exploit the new terminal. The destination of the first flight is Paris.
Designed by a British firm, the new terminal of Algiers International Airport was built by China State Construction Engineering Corporation (CSCEC). Its financing was provided by a bank credit worth DZD 62 billion and by the SGSIA for DZD 14 billion, for a total of DZD76 billion.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina