APS : Wednesday, 14 November 2018
ALGIERS- Minister of Religious Affairs and Wakfs Mohamed Aissa received Tuesday, in Algiers, a delegation of the Malian Commission “Truth, Justice and Reconciliation” (CVJR),
with which he broached ways to make this country benefit from the Algerian experience in national reconciliation, emphasizing the role of imams in deradicalization and fight against violent extremism.
In a statement to the press following this audience, Aissa said that “this meeting was an opportunity to highlight the Algerian experience in national reconciliation, notably the efforts of the Algerian imams aimed at enshrining the Charter for peace and national reconciliation, initiated by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.”
“The focus was put on Algeria’s strength consisting in its capacity to counter extremist speech,” he added, underlining that “a proposal was made to the Malian delegation in terms of providing this brotherly country with the necessary support.”
The minister welcomed the idea of creating a joint technical commission in charge of opening any space likely to participate in the eradication and prevention from extremism in Mali.
For his part, CVJR’s head Ousmane Oumarou Sidibé said that “this meeting focused on ways of cooperation with the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Wakfs to help them to reach solutions to the issues of violent extremism in this country, by inspiring from the Algerian experience in terms of national reconciliation.”
While welcoming Algeria’s role in the signing of the agreement for peace and reconciliation in Mali, he said that “it is of our duty to ask support from a neighboring State like Algeria in order to find the suitable solutions in Mali.”
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina