APS : Wednesday, 22 March 2017
ALGIERS- The 21st edition of the International Crafts Fair scheduled for Thursday, at the Exhibition Centre in Algiers, will be marked by the participation of 410 craftsmen, including 61 Arab and foreign representatives.
The 21st edition of the International Crafts Fair, organized by the ministry of National Planning, Tourism, and Craft industry, in collaboration with the National Crafts Agency, under the high patronage of the president of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, aims at promoting the marketing of arts and crafts products in view of a better contribution to economic development,” the director general of the crafts industry Sid Ali Sbaa told APS.
He said that this event, held this year under the slogan “Crafts at the Heart of the Economy,” aims at “making the quality of handicrafts known throughout the various training programmes and giving the professionalism stamp to the fair, which remains a meeting place for craftsmen.”
In this regard, he underlined “the need to make this fair a growth-generating space in terms of exchange of experiences, knowledge and know-how between Algerian and foreign craftsmen,” adding that this edition will be “rich in thematic, particularly those relating to the crafts industry and craft.”
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation