In the framework of the Government’s policy aimed to reform and improve public service provision, the Ministry of Interior and Local Government and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs have agreed on immediate measures to facilitate the issuance of civil status documents (birth, marriage, and death certificates) to:
- Citizens born abroad and resident in Algeria whose civil status documents are recorded in the registers kept at the diplomatic and consular missions:
This provision will allow the citizens concerned to obtain the above documents without having to present themselves at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This will be made possible by appointing duly authorized officers in each wilaya to collect the applications for the issuance of civil documents and file them directly with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The purpose of this measure is to help citizens avoid long and expensive travel to the capital city.
- Citizens born in Algeria and resident abroad:
These citizens will be able to apply for a 12S civil status document required for biometric passport and biometric national identity card issuance in each of the following ways:
– Filing the application in person via the internet site provided for the purpose;
– Having the diplomatic and consular missions abroad collect the 12S applications filed by the citizens registered at these missions and forward them as soon as possible to the Ministry of Interior and Local Government via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
– The citizens registered at the diplomatic and consular missions and wishing to obtain a 12S document may give a Power of Attorney to a third person in order to act on their behalf to obtain such a document from their municipality of birth. This Power of Attorney is to be legalized by the territorially competent mission;
– They may also have civil status documents issued by the competent municipal authorities. To the purpose, one should submit their family record book issued abroad by an Algerian diplomatic or consular mission.
These measures come into effect immediately and apply in all wilayas.
It is understood that the Civil Status Office at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will continue to offer service to citizens wishing to come and apply in person.
Citizens will be kept informed on the terms and conditions of filling the applications for the issuance of civil status documents, i. e. the necessary information pertaining to the applicant’s last name and first name(s) (in a national language and in French), date of birth, and identification of the diplomatic or consular mission where the certificates have been transcribed.
Finally, the Ministry of Interior and Local Government and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs have set up a working group to enforce and monitor the implementation of these provisions and reduce the constraints on the citizens concerned.
In their dedication to improve services delivered to citizens, the two ministries are examining further simplification and facilitation measures which will require the adoption of new legislation and regulations on the matter.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار