Minister Lecheva met with the ambassador of Algeria, H.E. Baya Bensmail
Photo: Press Center
The Minister of Youth and Sports Vesela Lecheva held a meeting with the Ambassador of Algeria to Bulgaria H.E. Baya Bensmail. The two discussed the possibilities for deepening bilateral relations between the two countries.
Minister Lecheva and Ambassador Bensmail agreed to accelerate the work on the Agreement on cooperation in the field of sports between the Government of the Republic of Bulgaria and the Government of the Democratic and People’s Republic of Algeria, signed in 2019. The Algerian side has a serious interest in Bulgarian achievements in sports medicine, as and to the experience and expertise of the Bulgarian coaches.
Bulgaria and Algeria have maintained diplomatic relations for 60 years, and Ambassador Bensmail emphasized that her compatriots have great respect and warm feelings for the Bulgarians, who actively participated in building the state after declaring its independence. The Bulgarian national team is also the first to play a friendly match with the Algerian national team. On this occasion, Ambassador Bensmail issued an invitation through MMS for a new friendly meeting between our national football teams to mark the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée