Middle East and North Africa (MENAR) 8th Film Festival:
Projection of the Algerian Film “ THE WELL”
The Embassy of the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria in Sofia participated in the 8th Film Festival Middle East and North Africa (MENAR), that takes place in Sofia from 12 to 29 January 2017, with the film “The Well” by the Algerian Director Lotfi Bouchouchi. This film was projected on the evening of January 16th, 2017 at the Sofia House of Cinema.
The “Well” relates the true story of a village in the South of Algeria where children, women and the elderly were besieged by the French army, following a skirmish with Algerian freedom fighters. Thus, the villagers found themselves trapped in a tragic situation whereby they faced death by thirst or by bullets.
A minute of silence was observed in memory of Ambassador Grigor KRATCHMARSKY, Honorary President of the Bulgaria-Algeria Friendship Association, who deceased in Sofia, on January 15th, 2017.
The film “The Well” will also be screened in other Bulgarian cities according to the following schedule:
- Sofia: 19/01/2017 – G8 Cultural Centre at 18.30h.
26.01. 2017 – Euro Cinema- 19.45 h.
- Varna: 08/02/2017-The Congress and Celebration Centre, Room 6 at 20.15h.
- Plovdiv: 03/02/2017 – Cinema House “Lucky” at 18.30h.
- Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine