APS : Monday, 23 January 2017
ALGIERS- Mexican Member of Parliament Maria Garcia Perez on Monday welcomed Algeria’s “pivotal role” in preserving the stability in the region.
She also praised the convergence of the two countries’ positions on several just causes, notably the support to the Sahrawi people right to self-determination in accordance with UN decisions.
Following her meeting with Mohamed Larbi Ould Khelifa, Speaker of the National People’s Assembly (APN), Perez, who leads a parliamentary and governmental delegation from Mexico, expressed “the political will” of her country to “consolidate the ties of parliamentary cooperation between the two countries,” said a Lower House statement.
In the same context, the Mexican parliamentarian called for strengthening the Algerian-Mexican relations, “by reactivating the two groups of parliamentary friendship to achieve positive results especially on the economic level.”
Speaker of the Lower House highlighted “the Algerian efforts for restoring security, stability and peace in the region, drawing on its experience in the fight against terrorism.”
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart