APS : Thursday, 12 May 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel held Wednesday, in Doha, talks with Chinese Foreign Affairs Minister Wang Yi,
said Foreign Affairs Ministry in a communiqué.
During these talks, which took place on the sidelines of the 7th ministerial meeting of Chinese-Arab Cooperation Forum, “the two ministers expressed satisfaction with the level of cooperation as well as the continuous political dialogue between the two countries,” said the source.
The meeting allowed the two sides to review the state of the bilateral cooperation and prospects to strengthen and extend it as part of the Global Strategic Partnership between the two countries.
Messahel and Wang Yi exchanged views on international political issues, notably the reform of the United Nations, the African-Chinese and Arab countries- China partnerships as well as the efforts of the international community for peaceful settlement of conflicts.
In this regard, the two ministers exchanged views on the situation prevailing in their respective regions, as well as on the fight against terrorism and violent extremism. They agreed on the “need” to deepen the international cooperation to combat these scourges endangering the international peace, security and stability.
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied
- Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council on official visit to Algeria Wednesday
- Hood: Algeria-US views on Libya crisis resolution convergent
- Biden administration seeks to cooperate with Algeria “on common goals,” says Hood
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Tunisian counterpart