APS : Monday, 23 October 2017
ALGIERS- The minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel underlined Monday, in Algiers, the crucial role of women in the fight against radicalization, violent extremism and terrorism.
“There was the crucial place and role played by women in the fight against radicalization, violent extremism and terrorism,” said Messahel at the opening of the works of the first plenary meeting of the working group of the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) on West Africa, underlining that it is a dimension that deserves to be underlined and further encouraged in this collective action of our region against these scourges.”
He added that in Algeria, and just like the other components of the population, “Algerian women showed, in the war against terrorism, a courage that will remain engraved forever in our collective memory,” adding that the victory against terrorism “was made thanks to the sacrifices, the mobilization, and the active engagement and the resistance of the Algerian woman.”
“Today, the mourchidates for example conduct, with young girls, mothers, workers and even prisoners, an ‘important’ work for prevention of radicalization and de-radicalization,” said the Foreign Minister.
Messahel “thanked the members of the GCTF for the faith they put in Algeria by entrusting it, jointly with Canada, the co-chairmanship of this working group on West Africa.”
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya