APS : Monday, 23 October 2017
ALGIERS- The minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel underlined Monday, in Algiers, the crucial role of women in the fight against radicalization, violent extremism and terrorism.
“There was the crucial place and role played by women in the fight against radicalization, violent extremism and terrorism,” said Messahel at the opening of the works of the first plenary meeting of the working group of the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) on West Africa, underlining that it is a dimension that deserves to be underlined and further encouraged in this collective action of our region against these scourges.”
He added that in Algeria, and just like the other components of the population, “Algerian women showed, in the war against terrorism, a courage that will remain engraved forever in our collective memory,” adding that the victory against terrorism “was made thanks to the sacrifices, the mobilization, and the active engagement and the resistance of the Algerian woman.”
“Today, the mourchidates for example conduct, with young girls, mothers, workers and even prisoners, an ‘important’ work for prevention of radicalization and de-radicalization,” said the Foreign Minister.
Messahel “thanked the members of the GCTF for the faith they put in Algeria by entrusting it, jointly with Canada, the co-chairmanship of this working group on West Africa.”
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization