APS : Sunday, 06 November 2016
ALGIERS-Minister of Maghreb Affairs, the African Union and the Arab League Abdelakder Messahel will represent President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika at the meeting of the African Union’s High level committee on Libya on 8 November 2016 in Addis Abeba, announced Sunday the Foreign Affairs Ministry in a communiqué.
This meeting, which follows the one held in New York on 21 September 2016, “is part of following up developments in Libya and constitutes an opportunity to broach regional and international efforts for the settlement of this crisis,” the same source said.
Besides, Messahel “will represent President of the Republic at the 2nd extraordinary Summit of the African Capacity for Immediate Response to Crisis (ACIRC), which will take place on 9 November 2016 in Addis Abeba,” the ministry added.
This summit aims to “examine the statutes of ACIRC in accordance with the recommendations adopted at the 26th Summit of Heads of State and Government,” the same source stated.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region