APS : Wednesday, 25 April 2018
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel will participate, Thursday in Paris, in the ministerial conference on combating the financing of terrorism, said Wednesday the ministry in a communiqué.
The conference is jointly held by France and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development under the theme “no money for terror.”
The participants will focus mainly on the issue of terrorism financing and examine measures likely to dry up the funding sources of the scourge, said the communiqué.
“Messahel has been invited to participate in this Conference as a panellist on the theme “Combating organized crime to dry up the funding sources of terrorism,” added the communiqué.
On this occasion, he will present Algeria’s experience in the field as well as the lessons drawn from the meeting on the connection between transnational organized crime and terrorism, held jointly by Algeria and the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) in Algiers on 25 October 2017, said the Ministry’s communiqué.
Paris Conference will be also an opportunity for the Foreign minister to recall the outcomes and recommendations of the international high-level conference on fight against terrorism financing in Africa, held jointly by Algeria and the African Union in Algiers on 9 and 10 April 2018, added the communiqué.
Messahel will hold discussions, on the sidelines of the two-day Conference, with several heads of delegation of participating countries, concluded the Ministry’s communiqué.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea