APS : Tuesday, 08 March 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel will lead the Algerian delegation to the 145th session of the Arab Foreign Ministers’ Council, to take place in Cairo on Thursday.
An extraordinary meeting of Arab Foreign ministers will be held on the sidelines of this session for the appointment of the new secretary general of the Arab League, said the statement.
During the meeting, Algeria will reiterate “its unwavering support to the Palestinian cause and its position for a peaceful settlement of crises shaking the Arab world, especially in Libya, Yemen and Syria.”
It will also reiterate its proposals for the reform of the Arab League as part of the objectives of the Arab joint action, added the statement.
During his visit, Messahel will hold discussions with Arab Foreign Ministers on issues of common interest and means to strengthen cooperation.
- President Tebboune sends message to Emir of State of Kuwait
- President of Republic sends message to Custodian of Two Holy Places of Islam
- Algeria expresses solidarity with Chad following serious road accident
- Algeria-Mauritania: 1st Joint Security Committee in Nouakchott
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne