APS : Tuesday, 08 March 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel will lead the Algerian delegation to the 145th session of the Arab Foreign Ministers’ Council, to take place in Cairo on Thursday.
An extraordinary meeting of Arab Foreign ministers will be held on the sidelines of this session for the appointment of the new secretary general of the Arab League, said the statement.
During the meeting, Algeria will reiterate “its unwavering support to the Palestinian cause and its position for a peaceful settlement of crises shaking the Arab world, especially in Libya, Yemen and Syria.”
It will also reiterate its proposals for the reform of the Arab League as part of the objectives of the Arab joint action, added the statement.
During his visit, Messahel will hold discussions with Arab Foreign Ministers on issues of common interest and means to strengthen cooperation.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister