APS : Tuesday, 29 January 2019
WASHINGTON (United States)- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel underlined Monday, in Washington, Algeria’s role and contribution to peace and stability at both regional and international levels.
Algeria’s foreign policy chief is based on the triad of non-interference in the internal affairs of States, an equal distance between all parties and a settlement process ensuring the independence of the concerned parties in decision making, Messsahel said in his talk at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, in Washington.
Such an approach, added the Foreign minister, has allowed Algeria to contribute to regional and international stability,
According to Messahel, the persistent conflicts and crises are mainly due to the violation and non-respect of those principles, especially non-interference in the internal affairs of States, non-use of force and the promotion of political and peaceful solutions.
He reiterated Algeria’s support of UN efforts for the settlement of the Libyan crisis, rejecting foreign interference.
Messahel stressed the need for the Libyan people to find a solution to their crisis as part of the inter-Libyan dialogue.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony