APS : Wednesday, 12 September 2018
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel is to take part Thursday, in Accra, Ghana, in the funeral of the former United Nations Secretary General Koffi Annan,
as a representative of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
“Representing President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel will take part tomorrow, September 13, in Accra in the funeral ceremony of the late Koffi Annan, a former secretary general of the United Nations,” the statement said.
Kofi Annan, the first Sub-Saharan African to serve as UN Secretary-General and a Nobel Peace Prize laureate in 2001, died at the age of 80 last August 18.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied