ALGIERS-Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel on Monday received Italia’s Minister of Interior Marco Minniti, who is on a working visit to Algeria.
In a statement following the meeting, Minniti stressed he discussed with Messahel bilateral relations, the common fight against terrorism and terrorist organizations, as well as the stability in Libya.
Minniti said that relations between both countries “are already excellent,” and expressed his willingness to further bilateral ties in terms of strategic issues.
“Algeria and Italia are particularly interested in the Mediterranean, notably the central Mediterranean,” he stressed.
As regards counterterrorism cooperation between the two countries, Minniti called ,them “excellent,” stressing that the Algerian experience in this field is “precious.”
“It is a multidimensional approach that takes into account various aspects, not only that of the fight but also prevention through a strategy” that particularly aims to weaken religious radicalism, he said.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya