ALGIERS-Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel on Monday received Italia’s Minister of Interior Marco Minniti, who is on a working visit to Algeria.
In a statement following the meeting, Minniti stressed he discussed with Messahel bilateral relations, the common fight against terrorism and terrorist organizations, as well as the stability in Libya.
Minniti said that relations between both countries “are already excellent,” and expressed his willingness to further bilateral ties in terms of strategic issues.
“Algeria and Italia are particularly interested in the Mediterranean, notably the central Mediterranean,” he stressed.
As regards counterterrorism cooperation between the two countries, Minniti called ,them “excellent,” stressing that the Algerian experience in this field is “precious.”
“It is a multidimensional approach that takes into account various aspects, not only that of the fight but also prevention through a strategy” that particularly aims to weaken religious radicalism, he said.
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune