APS : Wednesday, 22 February 2017
ALGIERS – Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel has received, Wednesday in Algiers, Minister of State, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Francophonie, Regional Integration and Gabonese Abroad Pacome Moubelet Boubeya, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
During the discussions, Messahel underlined “the political and strategic choices of the Algerian State over the past fifteen years, the crisis in Libya and the Algerian experience in the fight against terrorism,” said the source.
Messahel also outlined the political reforms and the development programmes, initiated by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika and the achievements made in Algeria in terms of schooling rate (1,600,000 students), women’s empowerment, unemployment rate (lowest in Africa and the Mediterranean), and the quality of life, added the source.
The two sides also discussed the crises in the sub-region and their impacts on neighbouring countries, as well as Algeria’s efforts to find solutions to those conflicts.
During the discussions, Messahel reiterated Algeria’s support for the political resolution of the Libyan crisis.
In this regard, he reaffirmed Algeria’s position in favour of the political solution based on “an inclusive inter-Libyan dialogue, bridging positions of Libyan parties, rejection of any foreign interference and national reconciliation.”
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea