APS : Wednesday, 22 February 2017
ALGIERS – Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel has received, Wednesday in Algiers, Minister of State, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Francophonie, Regional Integration and Gabonese Abroad Pacome Moubelet Boubeya, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
During the discussions, Messahel underlined “the political and strategic choices of the Algerian State over the past fifteen years, the crisis in Libya and the Algerian experience in the fight against terrorism,” said the source.
Messahel also outlined the political reforms and the development programmes, initiated by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika and the achievements made in Algeria in terms of schooling rate (1,600,000 students), women’s empowerment, unemployment rate (lowest in Africa and the Mediterranean), and the quality of life, added the source.
The two sides also discussed the crises in the sub-region and their impacts on neighbouring countries, as well as Algeria’s efforts to find solutions to those conflicts.
During the discussions, Messahel reiterated Algeria’s support for the political resolution of the Libyan crisis.
In this regard, he reaffirmed Algeria’s position in favour of the political solution based on “an inclusive inter-Libyan dialogue, bridging positions of Libyan parties, rejection of any foreign interference and national reconciliation.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée