APS : Sunday, 11 February 2018
ALGIERS- The minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel received Sunday, in Algiers, the U.S Department of State’s Acting Principal Deputy Coordinator for Counterterrorism Alina Romanowski,
who is on a working visit to Algeria, said the ministry of Foreign Affairs in a communiqué.
The discussions “allowed a broad exchange of views on the state of bilateral cooperation in counterterrorism, and on the security situation in the region, particularly the issue of the return of foreign terrorist fighters, and the threat they pose on regional and international security,” underlined the source.
Romanowski underlined her country’s interest “in developing the exchange of experiences and the strengthening of cooperation between the two countries, notably in the de-radicalization and strengthening of actions aimed at stemming the numerous financing sources of terrorism.”
For his part, Messahel highlighted “the efforts made by Algeria as Africa’s coordinator for the prevention of radicalization and the fight against terrorism in the continent.”
In this regard, he noted the holding next April, in Algiers, of an international conference dedicated to the strengthening of the international fight against terrorist financing.
This conference “will be organized within the framework of the Global Counterterrorism Forum, in collaboration with the African Union.”
The two sides “agreed to hold next June, in Algiers, the fifth session of the Bilateral Strategic Dialogue on security and counterterrorism issues,” concluded the Foreign Ministry’s statement.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina