ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel has been received Thursday in Manama by the vice president of Bahrain’s Council of Ministers, Khaled bin Abdullah Al-Khalifa, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
Sheikh Khaled bin Abdullah asked Messahel to “convey the wishes of the head of the Council of Ministers to the president of the Republic.
The Bahraini official “praised the wisdom of the president of the Republic, offering congratulations for the success of the Parliamentary elections held in Algeria last May,” the source said.
The audience focused on “bilateral relations between Algeria and Bahrain and the way to step it up, mainly in the economic field and banking.”
The two officials underlined the necessity to give a fresh impetus to economic cooperation through the holding of the next Joint Commission meeting before the end of the year.”
Messahel and Sheikh Khaled bin Abdullah “exchanged views on the situation in the Arab world,” stressing the “the need to favour the settlement of crises affecting the Arab countries through dialogue and reconciliation.”
The vice president of Bahrain’s Council of Ministers said he appreciates Algeria’s experience in the fight against terrorism and violent extremism.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan