APS : Tuesday, 08 January 2019
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel will pay an official visit to Copenhagen, Denmark, on January 9-10, and Helsinki, Finland, on January 11-12, at the invitations of his counterparts,
Danish Anders Samuelsen and Finnish Timo Soini, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said Tuesday in a statement.
The trip is aimed to boost the political dialogue and economic partnership with Scandinavian countries, with which Algeria has traditional relations of friendship and cooperation,” the statement said.
During his visit to the two countries, the Algerian foreign policy chief will discuss with Danish and Finnish officials the “different aspects of bilateral relations, and especially economic and trade partnerships, including the prospects of future cooperation development.”
Messahel will exchange views with the officials of the two countries on major regional and international issues of common interest, including the situation in the Maghreb, Western Sahara issue, the crisis in Libya, the Sahel, Africa, the Middle East, African Union-European Union relations, and some global issues like counterterrorism and migration.”
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied