APS : Tuesday, 29 May 2018
BAMAKO-Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel and his Malian counterpart Tieman Hubert Coulibaly co-chaired Tuesday in Bamako the 13th session of Algerian-Malian Strategic Bilateral Committee.
The session, which follows the one held in Algiers on July 2017, is part of bilateral consultation and reflects “the willingness of the high Algerian and Malian authorities to further strengthen historical brotherhood, solidarity and cooperation ties between the two countries.”
Both officials underlined “the commitment of Presidents Abdelaziz Bouteflika and Ibrahim Boubacar Keita to enhance historical, brotherhood and solidarity relations between Algeria and Mali, and their instructions to spare no effort to further boost bilateral cooperation.”
They also hailed the progress made in the Peace and Reconciliation Agreement in Mali, resulting from the Algiers process, and agreed to pursue consultation on this issue.
They also emphasized a new momentum characterized by “a greater appropriation of the implementation process by Malian parties,” stressing that “this development is positive and should be encouraged.”
Both countries’ delegations also discussed the situation in the region, notably common challenges like terrorism, organized crime and irregular migration, reiterating their commitment to fight against these scourge.
Messahel and Coulibaly assessed the state of cooperation and examined the various actions of this cooperation, notably in the fields of infrastructure, energy, higher education, training and justice.
In this connection, both FMs agreed to pursue their common efforts to “further enhance and diversify bilateral cooperation.”
A joint statement will be released ahead of Messahel’s working visit to Mali.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation