APS : Wednesday, 04 July 2018
ALGIERS-The Algeria-UK cooperation in the fight against terrorism and religious extremism was at the heart of discussions held Wednesday in Algiers between Foreign Minister
Abdelkader Messahel and the United Kingdom’s Minister for the Commonwealth and the United Nations Foreign Office in the United Kingdom (UK) of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Lord of Wimbledon Tariq Mahmood Ahmad.
“The talks allowed us to discuss many issues of common interest and the challenges facing both countries, notably security, terrorism and religious extremism,” said Mahmood Ahmad ahead of his meeting with Messahel.
Algeria and the UK “work together to address these challenges and defend the true face of Islam,” said Mahmood Ahmad, stated the British official.
“My meeting with Messahel was an opportunity to exchange views on other issues of common interest and to discuss the means to enhance bilateral economic and trade cooperation, and identify other areas likely to further strengthen ties,” concluded Mahmood Ahmad
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied