APS : Friday, 13 July 2018
ALGIERS-Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel held talks with Vietnam’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Binh Minh under his official visit to the Socialist Republic of Vietnam,
the Foreign Affairs Ministry announced Friday in a statement.
The visit is part of “the enhancement of bilateral cooperation between Algeria and Vietnam, bound by strong historical relations. Both countries are engaged in excellent political relations and high-level regular consultations,” said the source.
The meeting allowed both FMs to “assess multifaceted bilateral cooperation and discuss the prospects of their enhancement.”
In this connection, they welcomed “historical friendship and cooperation ties between Algeria and Vietnam.”
Both ministers underlined the need to boost bilateral economic and trade relations through the multiplication of cooperation actions, joint partnerships and bilateral cooperation agreements.”
Messahel and his Vietnamese counterpart “exchanged views on regional and international issues of common interest, the situation in both regions, the reform of the United Nations and the Security Council as well as counterterrorism and the fight against organized crime.”
Moreover, they “agreed to pursue the tradition of consultation at international fora,” said the source.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy