APS : MONDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2017
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel held discussions in New York with the Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Office,
Vladimir Ivanovich Voronkov, on the sidelines of 72nd session of the UN General Assembly, the ministry said in a statement.
During discussions raising international community’s efforts in the fight against terrorism, Voronkov “praised Algeria’s efforts and its significant contribution in counterterrorism and the excellent cooperation it has with the United Nations in the field,” the statement said.
He also expressed “wish that the Algerian counterterrorism experience be widely shared with the UN to allow the countries under such threats to benefit from it,” according to the statement of the ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“Algeria which has faced terrorism and overcome it with its own means, has now a large experience in the fight against terrorism and violent extremism,” Messahel said.
He also expressed “Algeria’s willingness to share its experience as it has always done, mainly through the different international conferences it has organized, within the framework of the Global Counterterrorism Forum.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum