APS : Thursday, 10 March 2016
CAIRO- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel held discussions in Cairo with Tunisia’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Khemaies Jhinaoui, on the sidelines of the 145th session of Arab Foreign Ministers’ Council.
During the discussions, the two ministers examined the situation in the region, and expressed their “deep concern” over the spread of terrorism, which is threatening the stability of the countries in the region.
They also discussed the recent developments in Libya and called on the Libyan parties to spare no effort to accelerate the implementation of the Libyan political agreement and the formation of a national unity government in Tripoli.
The two sides agreed to continue their consultation during the 8th session of Libya’s Neighbouring Countries, to take place in Tunis on 22 March 2016.
Messahel also met with Iraqi Foreign Minister Ibrahim Al-Ashaiqer Al-Jaafari, to whom he reiterated Algeria’s readiness to “strengthen Algerian-Iraqi relations.”
For his part, the Iraqi Foreign minister expressed satisfaction at the results of his visit to Algeria on 24 and 25 February 2016, and the audience granted to him by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, as well as the discussions he held with officials.
The two sides also discussed issues on the agenda of the 145th session of Arab Foreign Ministers’ Council.
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia
- Algeria calls on NAM states to step up efforts to enshrine its founding principles