APS : Saturday, 20 January 2018
ALGIERS- The Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel held discussions Saturday, in Algiers, with his Mauritanian counterpart Isselkou Ould Ahmed Izid Bih
On this occasion, the two ministers examined the agenda of the 5+5 Dialogue Conference of the Foreign Ministers which will be held Sunday, in Algiers, said the ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The two foreign Ministers hailed the “quality” of the regular political consultations between the two countries, as well as the bilateral economic partnership “which enjoyed a new momentum over the last few months as a result of notably the opening of an Algerian-Mauritanian border crossing,” said the source.
The Algerian Foreign minister also received the Secretary General of the Arab Maghreb Union Taieb Baccouche.
At the end of the audience, Baccouche told the press that, with Messahel, they broached “the reality of the AMU and its current challenges.”
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea