APS : Saturday, 20 January 2018
ALGIERS- The Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel held discussions Saturday, in Algiers, with his Mauritanian counterpart Isselkou Ould Ahmed Izid Bih
On this occasion, the two ministers examined the agenda of the 5+5 Dialogue Conference of the Foreign Ministers which will be held Sunday, in Algiers, said the ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The two foreign Ministers hailed the “quality” of the regular political consultations between the two countries, as well as the bilateral economic partnership “which enjoyed a new momentum over the last few months as a result of notably the opening of an Algerian-Mauritanian border crossing,” said the source.
The Algerian Foreign minister also received the Secretary General of the Arab Maghreb Union Taieb Baccouche.
At the end of the audience, Baccouche told the press that, with Messahel, they broached “the reality of the AMU and its current challenges.”
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied