APS : Friday, 29 July 2016
Beijing (China)- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union (AU) and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel held discussions on Friday, in Beijing, with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi.
“Discussions between the two ministers focused on the strategic partnership between Algeria and China, which quickly rose, in 2014, to a Global Strategic Partnership,” Messahel said.
One of the issues the two ministers tackled was the new port in the country’s centre, a top priority megaproject to be carried out in the next two years, he added.
Messahel and Wang Yi also broached regional and international issues, including the just and deep reform of the United Nations system, especially the Security Council.
The two officials met on the sidelines of the Coordinators’ Meeting on the Implementation of the Follow-up Actions of the Johannesburg Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region