APS :Saturday, 23 September 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel held Saturday, in New York, talks, on the sidelines of the 72nd session of the United Nations (UN) General Assembly,
with President of the United Nations General Assembly Miroslav Lajcak, said a communiqué of Foreign Affairs Ministry.
During these discussions which “mainly focused on the main issues on the agenda of UN General Assembly,” Lajcak underlined that he considers Algeria as “a very active member of the international community which can greatly contribute to the achievement of the noble objectives of UN Charter,” said the source.
For his part, Messahel “stressed the importance of reforming the United Nations, starting with its Security Council,” pointing out “the necessity of this reform to strengthen the role and authority of UN General Assembly.”
Messahel and Lajcak broached other international issues “of concern to the international scene notably the state of peace and security in the world, particularly Africa, the fight against terrorism and violent extremism, climate changes as well issues relating to migration,” concluded the source.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization