APS : Monday, 26 March 2018
ZAGREB (Croatia)- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel was received Monday in Zagreb by President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic of Croatia, to whom he conveyed a “message of friendship and consideration”
from President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
The Croatian president underlined the good quality of relations between the two countries, expressing the wish to further boost them, mainly through a “sustained consultation” and denser and more diversified” economic cooperation.
Messahel, who is on an official visit to Croatia, said he came to Zagreb to give a fresh impetus to Algerian-Croatian relations, considering the high potentials of the two countries.
The meeting was an opportunity for the two officials to tackle issues of common interest, mainly the challenges facing the international community, such as the increase in the hotbeds of tension, terrorism, organized crime and migration.
Promotion of the values of reconciliation, dialogue and living together were also raised.
Croatia’s president said Algeria is seen in Croatia as a “key player” for stability in the Mediterranean and the Middle East.
Algeria, she added, is considered as a major ally in facing the common challenges of terrorism and illegal migration.
Grabar-Kitarovic asked Messahel to convey to “President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika her feelings of friendship and respect.”
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune