APS : Monday, 31 October 2016
ALGIERS- Algerian-German relations and the security situation in the Sahel region were at the centre of the discussions, Monday in Algiers, between Minister of Maghreb affairs, African Union and Arab League, Abdelkader Messahel and Germany’s Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Defence Ralf Brauksiepe.
In a statement to the press following the discussions, Brauksiepe said they focused on “the security situation in the Sahel region, particularly in Mali and Libya,”
The German official added that they have also discussed the “very good” relations between Algeria and Germany.
Earlier this morning, Brauksiepe was received by Minister of State, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Ramtane Lamamra.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum