ALGIERS-President of the Constitutional Council Mourad Medelci was received Tuesday in Jakarta by Indonesian President Joko Widodo, to whom he handed over a written message from President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, the Constitutional Council said in a statement.
“Medelci underlined the quality of bilateral relations and the will of our countries to further strengthen them,” said the source.
For his part, the Indonesian president “expressed his thanks and feelings of brotherhood and consideration to His Excellency President Abdelaziz Bouteflika and stressed his willingness to contribute to developing relations between the two countries,” the statement added.
Furthermore, Medelci “informed the Indonesian President of the results of the symposium in Jakarta that brought together several countries including Algeria on the constitutional complaints that contribute to the consolidation of democracy and the rule of law.”
The hearing was attended by Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno LP Marsudi and Vice- Chairman of the Indonesian Constitutional Court, Anwar, the same source stated.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation