APS : Sunday, 30 August 2015
ALGIERS- President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita of Mali started Sunday a three-day working and friendship visit to Algeria, at the invitation of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
The Malian leader was welcomed upon his arrival in Houari Boumediene international airport by the speaker of the People’s National Assembly (Lower House of Parliament), Larbi Ould Khelifa, and government members.
In Algiers, Keita will hold discussions with President Bouteflika and Algerian senior officials.
“The discussions will be an opportunity for the two leaders to exchange views on regional and international issues, including the implementation of Algiers accord on peace and reconciliation in Mali, (an agreement that is also) in the interest of its neighbours and security in the region,” the presidency of the Republic said Saturday in a statement.
“The guidelines the two leaders, Bouteflika and Keita, will govern the works of the delegations of the two countries for the promotion of bilateral cooperation and exchange in all fields for the benefit of the two peoples.”
“The visit will boost the long tradition of fraternity, solidarity, cooperation and neighbourly relations between Algeria and Mali,” the statement stressed.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister