APS : MONDAY 12 MARCH 2018
ALGIERS- A delegation from the People’s National Assembly (Parliament’s Lower House) will take part in the 62nd session of the Commission on the Status of Women, scheduled for Tuesday in New York,
simultaneously with the annual meeting of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and of the United Nations (UN), said Monday a communiqué of the Assembly.
During this meeting, the participants will present “the contribution of the Commission on the Status of Women in terms of defining issues and their settlement for the enshrinement of the principle of gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls in rural areas,” while insisting on the “role of parliamentarian women in the implementation of the socio-economic policies aimed at giving women and girls from rural areas a more important role within decision-making circuits,” added the source.
The People’s Nation Assembly will be represented in these works by deputies Nadia Labidi and Chaalal Wafaa, concluded the source.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya