APS : Saturday, 14 September 2019
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs Sabri Boukadoum reaffirmed Friday Algeria’s commitment and conviction that “the solution to the crisis can only come from the Libyan themselves,
while respecting the resolutions of the United Nations (UN) Security Council,” following his talks with UN Special Envoy, Chief of the UN Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) Ghassan Salame.
“There is no military solution in Libya. We always call for the ceasefire and we are in favor of an inter-Libyan solution. We also call for the respect of the Security Council’s resolutions, notably concerning the prohibition of weapons. We reiterate our support to the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) and Doctor Ghassan Salame,” said Boukadoum in a statement to the press following the meeting.
The discussions between Boukadoum and Salame took place the day after the renewal of UNSMIL mandate by the UN Security Council which also renewed its trust in UNSMIL’s chairman Ghassan Salame.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار