At the eve of Algeria’s Independence Day, 5 July, H.E. Mr. Abdelaziz Bouteflika, President of the Republic, sent a Letter of Congratulations to Captain Vassil Valtchanov on the occasion of the latter’s 101st anniversary. In 1960 the Breza, a Bulgarian ship under the commandment of Captain Valtchanov delivered a large amount or armaments to the National Liberation Army.
The Letter of Congratulations was submitted to Capitain Valtchanov at his home by H.E. Latifa Benazza, Ambassador of Algeria to Bulgaria. “There are no words to express my gratitude and my emotion, I consider Algeria as my second homeland”, the sea veteran said, moved to tears. “I am deeply touched and extremely honored by the fact that the President of Algeria, a great country whose voice is heard across Africa and the Arab world, has thought about my humble self. This gesture will remain an unforgettable moment of my life”, he added.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region