At the eve of Algeria’s Independence Day, 5 July, H.E. Mr. Abdelaziz Bouteflika, President of the Republic, sent a Letter of Congratulations to Captain Vassil Valtchanov on the occasion of the latter’s 101st anniversary. In 1960 the Breza, a Bulgarian ship under the commandment of Captain Valtchanov delivered a large amount or armaments to the National Liberation Army.
The Letter of Congratulations was submitted to Capitain Valtchanov at his home by H.E. Latifa Benazza, Ambassador of Algeria to Bulgaria. “There are no words to express my gratitude and my emotion, I consider Algeria as my second homeland”, the sea veteran said, moved to tears. “I am deeply touched and extremely honored by the fact that the President of Algeria, a great country whose voice is heard across Africa and the Arab world, has thought about my humble self. This gesture will remain an unforgettable moment of my life”, he added.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار