APS : Tuesday, 26 March 2019
PRETORIA (South Africa)- Deputy prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs Ramtane Lamamra was received Tuesday in Pretoria, on the sidelines of the international conference for solidarity with the Saharawi people,
by President Hage Geingob of Namibia, the current chairman of Southern African Development Community (SADC).
Lamamra conveyed a message from President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika to his Namibian counterpart.
Stressing the historical ties of friendship and solidarity between Algeria and Namibia, the two sides tackled “the ways and means to boost bilateral relations in various fields.”
The audience was an opportunity to reiterate the support of Algeria and Namibia to Western Sahara cause and Saharawi people’s right to self-determination.
The role of the African Union (AU), its member States and the Southern African Development Community in finding a solution to the conflict was also stressed.
The two sides underlined the “importance of a collaborative approach based on the cardinal principles of the constituent act of the Pan-African organization.”
The deputy Prime Minister, minister of Foreign Affairs is taking part in the conference of Pretoria in his capacity as representative of the president of the Republic.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation