APS : Friday, 08 October 2021
ROME- The 3rd Africa-Italy ministerial meeting opened on Friday, in Rome, in the presence of delegations of about 50 African States and representatives of the African Union (AU) and other regional organizations as well as experts, academics and businessmen.
The Algerian delegation is led by Minister of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad Ramtane Lamamra.
In the meeting’s opening session, Italian President Sergio Mattarella affirmed that Africa “is the continent of the future and opportunities,” hence the need to iron out the obstacles in order to encourage the investment in Africa, notably in the field of energy and to help it face the consequences of climate changes.
Speaking on this occasion, Lamamra underlined Algeria’s commitment vis-à-vis the achievement of the economic integration objectives in Africa, emphasizing the multiple opportunities that the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) offers, in force since the beginning of this year.
The minister welcomed the integration projects that Algeria is seeking to execute in their African depth, notably the neighboring countries, in view of their significant contribution to this integration process at the African level.
After presenting Algeria’s ambitious plan and the projects executed or those programmed in the government plan in order achieve the green growth, Lamamra stressed the importance attached by President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune to the issues of energy transition and energy efficiency, which are at the heart of his programme, as well as others of utmost importance related to food security and digital economy.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy