APS : Thursday, 28 June 2018
ALGIERS- The representative of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Algeria, Pascal Reyntjens, commended the efforts made by Algerian authorities and the Algerian Red Crescent
for the support they provide to migrants in the country.
“I would like to commend the work accomplished, here in Algeria, by the authorities and the Algerian Red Crescent in support of migrants,” the IOM official said on the sidelines of a conference, in Algiers, on the situation of sub-Saharan migrants in Algeria.
Reyntjens also stressed “Algeria’s efforts, especially on the border with the Sahel countries, and its strong and permanent commitment to helping populations in distress.”
To address the complexity of the migration issue, Reyntjens recommended an “international cooperation and commitment.”
The migration issue can be settled, according to the IOM’s representative, through “consultation among the different countries and institutions” to take the appropriate measures.
He underlined the importance of Algiers’ conference, as it has allowed the participants to see more clearly the work accomplished by the Algerian authorities and will make it possible to boost collaboration between the International Organization for Migration and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces