APS : Thursday, 28 June 2018
ALGIERS- The representative of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Algeria, Pascal Reyntjens, commended the efforts made by Algerian authorities and the Algerian Red Crescent
for the support they provide to migrants in the country.
“I would like to commend the work accomplished, here in Algeria, by the authorities and the Algerian Red Crescent in support of migrants,” the IOM official said on the sidelines of a conference, in Algiers, on the situation of sub-Saharan migrants in Algeria.
Reyntjens also stressed “Algeria’s efforts, especially on the border with the Sahel countries, and its strong and permanent commitment to helping populations in distress.”
To address the complexity of the migration issue, Reyntjens recommended an “international cooperation and commitment.”
The migration issue can be settled, according to the IOM’s representative, through “consultation among the different countries and institutions” to take the appropriate measures.
He underlined the importance of Algiers’ conference, as it has allowed the participants to see more clearly the work accomplished by the Algerian authorities and will make it possible to boost collaboration between the International Organization for Migration and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo