At the international level, the development of transport by pipelines is reinforced by three projects:
With a capacity of 8 billion m3 per year linking Beni Saf (Algeria) to Almeria (Spain) in partnership between SONATRACH (36%), CEPSA (20%), IBERDROLA (20%), GDF (12%), ENDESA(12%).
Works achieved at the end 2008:
Installation of 210 km of the submarine gas pipeline Medgaz;
Achievement of the installation of 3 turbo-compressors at the level of Beni Saf Compression
Starting hydrostatic tests in relation with the gas pipeline.
Works to be achieved:
In Algeria: Assembling of the Beni Saf Compression Station,
In Spain: Arrival Terminal at Almeria.
Medgaz commissioning is expected by January 2010.
Linking Algeria to Italy via Sardinia in order to transport 8 billion m3 per year, in partnership between Sonatrach (36%), EDISON (18%), ENEL (13.5%), WINTERSHALL (13.5%), HERA (9%), PROGEMISA (5%), SFIRS (5%).
Total length of Galsi gas pipeline is 860 km. It is composed of two sections:
Offshore Section: 560 km Onshore Section
– Algeria-Sardinia: 285 km – Sardinia: 300 km
– Sardinia-Italy: 275 km
The achievement of this project is expected by 2012.
Linking Algeria to Nigeria along 4200 km. Its feasibility study was undertaken by the British design office PENSPEN/IPA. The transport capacity of this pipeline will be of 25 billion m3/year. It is expected to be achieved by 2015.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار