APS : Monday, 05 October 2020
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs Sabri Boukadoum took part, by videoconference, in a high-level meeting of the United National General Assembly, to celebrate the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons,
said on Sunday the Ministry in a communiqué.
In this meeting, the minister reviewed Algeria’s efforts in this field, by notably adopting the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons during the presidency, by Algeria, of the 1st General Assembly Commission in 2017, as well as within the framework of the co-presidency with Germany of this 11th Conference in order to facilitate the entry into force of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT).
The minister also pointed out that Algeria “is still suffering from the disastrous effects on human beings and environment because of the nuclear explosions on its territory during the colonial era, and was among the first countries to sign the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.”
The high-level meeting allowed “the participants to stress the need to complete the process of total elimination of nuclear weapons in order to preserve international peace and security,” concluded the communiqué.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune