APS : Monday, 29 February 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Energy Salah Khebri received, Monday, the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA),
Yukiya Amano, who affirmed the organization’s readiness to assist Algeria in the various areas of nuclear activities for peaceful purposes.
During the meeting, held at the headquarters of the ministry of Energy, Khebri and Amano reviewed the state of cooperation between Algeria and the IAEA in the areas of the use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes as well as the training of trainers, said the ministry in a communiqué.
In this regard, Amano noted the “good cooperation” between Algeria the IAEA expressing “the organization’s readiness to assist Algeria in the all areas of nuclear activities for peaceful purposes.”
Furthermore, Amano invited the minister to participate in the ministerial conference on nuclear security, to be held in Vienna (Austria) in December 2016.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan