APS : Tuesday, 15 November 2016
ALGIERS- Hungarian Deputy State Secretary for Opening to the South Szilveszter Bus praised Algeria’s efforts to restore security in the region, said Tuesday a statement of the People’s National Assembly (APN-Lower house).
Hungary has “the same peaceful aspirations in the region,” he said during a meeting with Noureddine Belmeddah, chairman of the Lower House’s Committee on Foreign Affairs, Cooperation and Community.
Welcoming “the secular bilateral relations” he described as encouraging to establish a promising parliamentary partnership between the two countries, the Hungarian official, on a visit to Algiers, expressed the determination to multiply the meetings so as to consolidate the bilateral relations in various fields” and to “achieve those initiatives in the economic, cultural and scientific fields”.
For his part, Belmeddah outlined “Algeria’s role in preserving peace and security in the region,” reaffirming the constant position of Algeria which recognizes the right of peoples to self-determination.”
As such, he called for “bigger efforts to impose the implementation of UN resolutions on Western Sahara decolonization.”
“Terrorism has neither faith nor law,” Belmeddah said, pointing out “Algeria’s commitment to the peaceful settlement of the crises in the region”.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister